Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Living Room: Deciding on a Color Palette

I spent a great deal of time at Z Gallerie, Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel recently trying to decide on a color palette for my new living room. I have this chocolate brown leather sectional from IKEA that is about 5 years old. It's actually a very nice sofa and I quite enjoy the chaise lounge part of it, but it doesn't make for the most comfy place to cuddle and it is very contemporary in design. I would like to replace it for something a bit softer but I am not quite ready to make that type of  financial investment. Therefore it is imperative that I choose a look and color scheme that will go well with it.

It came down to deep red and neutrals with a tribal feel or aubergine and silver for a city chic look. So the hunt began. Here are some photos I snapped while I was out and about to help me with ideas and inspiration.




{Photos by Yours Truly}

Mind you my living room is poorly lit and unless I go with sunny yellow or all white the chances are I will have to buy plenty of lighting options to brighten the place up.


So what do you think? Aubergine City Girl or Deep Tribal Red?

No comments:

Post a Comment