Tuesday, April 8, 2014

This is Heaven to Me

"I won't ever stray 'cause this is heaven to me." - This is Heaven to Me by Madeleine Peyroux

You might recall my post a couple of weeks back where I mulled over the idea of putting together a master bedroom design inspired by both speakeasies and Old Hollywood Glam with a nod to African-American bombshell actresses of a by-gone era. If not, you can totally catch up on the buzz right HERE.

Well, after much pondering and internet scouring, this is what I have settled on. And I am SO THRILLED! I decided to begin saving for the ultra sexy tufted Devyn daybed by Restoration Hardware in a queen size. Because queen-sized daybeds have never looked so good. And because I want my room to have a speakeasy look about it. A big couch to cuddle up on that just so happens to be a daybed and that will take up a lot less floorspace because it will fit in the room against the wall lengthwise, leaving me a little more room to do yoga in the morning time!


Unfortunately, that luscious wine colored Rivulets duvet cover is no longer available at Anthropologie so I have to figure something out, even if I have to break out the sewing machine and make my own. I found a great DIY tutorial HERE. Ambitious? Gosh, yes. But I am always up for the challenge so I may just give it a go.

Complete with a little whiskey bar, a chinchilla throw, gold and crystal elements and fresh Black Bacarra roses, this design makes me super happy and will provide me with a room that makes me feel all grown and sexy. My room is my retreat. A place where I go to relax, to work on my laptop late at night, to dance in my underwear, to recover when I am sick and to dream a little dream. I want to be surrounded with luxe items and texture.

So now that I have my room all figured out, it's time to help Babygirl with her room inspiration and color story.

{inspiration board item sources: RH Baby & Child | Z Gallerie | Art.com | Amazon.com | PB Teen | Touch of Class}

xoxo, tami

No comments:

Post a Comment